Thursday 29 March 2018

We’ve been together now for 50 years


We’ve been together now for 50 years
And it don’t seem a day too long so the song says
I remember the day when you blew me away
I won’t say it was love at first sight 
But something stirred deep down inside
The shortness of hair and the cute cheeky face
Were the features that captured my eye
It was something inside that captured my heart
Something inside that’s hard to define
Something we call je ne sais quoi
Something you know but which you can’t see
We’ve had our ups and we’ve had our downs 
Counted the pennies scrimped and saved
Three beautiful children with families we love
I look at your face and still love what I see
You are the best thing that ever happened to me 

For Irene in memory of our 50th Wedding Anniversary on 29th March 2018 I love you.

Alistair J Parker
29the March 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment