Friday 10 April 2020

Mr Robin


Delightful flutter scarlet breast
Alights beside me as I dig
Fearless friendly brave and bold
Mr Robin a friend of old

Trusting innocent and daring do
Reassuring chirping song
Sharing worms as we both dig
Such trusting friendship his to give


Originally written on Christmas Day 2016 inspired by the occasion and the time of year. But I am publishing on my Blog, Easter 2020 because in the last couple of weeks, Mr Robin has become an important part of my daily routine in the garden. We have a chat, well I speak to him and he listens, and when I am digging he is never far from the action ready to dive in for a wiggly worm. Thank you friendly Mr Robin who graces my garden the year-round for your friendship in these troubled times.


Written: 25th December 2019 Updated: 10th April 2020 

No comments:

Post a Comment